SOCIAL MEDIA DIRECTOR
DECEMBER 12, 2018
SOCIAL MEDIA DIRECTOR
Vowlá is seeking a Social Media Director to build and lead the social strategy for our recently launched Mobile Application. Our Media Department strives to show Vowlá’s unique ability to engage our wedding community and extend our audience to a nationwide scale. Vowlá is the first luxury wedding planning mobile application that connects you to one-of-a-kind Producers at the palm of your hand. From guiding couples through the wedding process to live-chatting with their Wedding Planner, Vowlá has a powerful reach attracting couples, Vendors and tech companies.
The Social Media Director role requires an individual who can balance storytelling and brand strategy with data-driven insights. They must have a strong background in visual storytelling—creating stories for Instagram, Snap, and other platforms—as well as experience managing a small team. They will partner closely with the Media Department’s senior leaders as well as Vowlá’s creative and marketing departments to ensure all content delivers on our brand identity.
It is the Social Media Director’s goal to engage couples and Vendors to join the app, reach a nationwide scale, increase audience and engagement, and unlock new revenue. The Social Media Director must have exceptional communication skills and be an innovator who discovers and uses emerging technology to create exceptional stories. The responsibilities and duties described below are representative and not a comprehensive list.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead social strategy across all of Vowlás platforms, developing innovative new social programs and formats that both engage our existing fan base and grow our reach
- Develop and oversee a dynamic social content calendar with an emphasis on visual. content on Instagram, Snap and Facebook—establishing the tone, look, and feel of the brand on social.
- Manage a team of social media managers, balancing content distribution with community management.
- Ensure the brand is an early innovator on emerging platforms.
- Establish growth partnerships—at the content, talent, and platform levels—with industry leaders.
- Resource projects with agility, working with internal creative and marketing resources, and bringing on freelancers as required.
- Partner with internal creative and marketing departments to ensure our content production delivers on our brand identity.
- Develop and distribute best practices for social platforms to in-house stakeholders and key Vowlá talent, reporting on new trends and features as industry updates emerge.
- At least five years of experience leading social teams in the media or lifestyle industry, with an emphasis on visual storytelling.
- Track record developing social formats and franchises that drive audience growth and engagement, as well as deepen community engagement.
- Proven ability to multitask and work well under pressure in fast-paced environments.
- Experience working closely with talent and social media influencers to create best-in-class content and drive platform growth.
- Experience managing and motivating a small team, and collaborating across departments.
- Ability to turn social analytics and data into actionable, engaging social content plans
- Exceptional producing, writing, and communications skills.
- A results-oriented, problem-solver who has top-notch creative and organizational skills.
- Early adopter of all things digital media with a network of relationships at key platforms.
- You are a brand-lover who deeply understands the consumer journey and know how to create highly engaging, immersive content that fulfills a brand’s mission.
- Understanding the need for an inclusive, diverse, and healthy work environment and the ability to help create and maintain that space.